Ethiopia Exchange Program 2018
Water Harvesting Lab
Two grants of 1,500 Euros available for MSc students
Water Harvesting in Ethiopia
The Water Harvesting Lab of GESAAF department offers two grants of 1,500 E each for covering the expenses of MSc thesis works in Ethiopia.
All the MSc of UNIFI are eligible
IMPORTANT: The call has been extended. You can apply until 15/10/2018 and the research period in Ethiopia (at least 4 weeks) can be placed between the end of the call and 31/5/2019.
NEW! Link to call extension: https://titulus.unifi.it/albo/viewer?view=files%2F002851912-UNFICLE-0f524e74-dc74-4e73-8e34-92abe7fb3dad-000.pdf
Deadline: 15/10/2018, 13:00
Description: The candidate will develop an original work based on previous experiences and data of Water Harvesting Lab. The call is open to proposals in the framework of (1) Land use change and Water Harvesting; (2) Socio-economic analysis; (3) Watershed Management and Water Productivity (4) Water related Ecosystem Services (WES) and Agricultural Ecosystem Services Analysis.
Requirements: A good level of English is required. The work will be entirely developed in English.
Check our latest publications on Ethiopia here
Field work: Ethiopia, in cooperation with Mekelle University, to be defined. Expected before the end of 2018
- Research partner of GESAAF Department and leading institution for environmental restoration and natural resources management in Ethiopia
- Currently, Seven Colleges and Eight Institutes with more than 31,000 students in various undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
- One of the top three Universities in Ethiopia;
- Working to become one of the top 25 Universities in Africa by 2025;
- Institute of Water and Environment:
Direct partner of the GESAAF Department
(International Agreement in Place since 2014)
Photo credits: Sylvain Trigalet (distributed via imaggeo.egu.eu) Agrosystem in Tigray, Highlands